SEMINARS CONDUCTED AND HANDS-ON WORKSHOPS:
- 1966 Toledo Museum of Art School, Toledo, OH (Glass Blowing: F. Dreisbach
- 1951-52 Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI (Pottery: M. Grotell)
- 1948 & 1950 Toledo Museum of Art School, Toledo, OH (Pottery: 1950 H. Littleton)
- 1944-45 American Academy of Art, Chicago, IL (Commercial and Fine Art)
- 1943-44 Feather and Feather Art School, Houston, TX (Commercial and Fine Art)
- 1929-32 Toledo Museum of Art School, Toledo, OH (Children's Art Classes)
- Ed Gray Studio, Fennville, MI, 1999 (Wheel and Hand Building Workshop)
- Leland High School, Leland, MI, 1997 (Smoke firing w/terra sigillata Workshop)
- Charlevoix High School, Charlevoix, MI, 1997 (Smoke firing w/terra sigillata Workshop)
- John C. Campbell Folk School, Brasstown, NC, 1984-91 (Beginning to Advanced Wheel Classes)
- Vr� Folkh�jskole, Vr�, Denmark, Jan. through Mar. 1988-1990
- Longboat Key Art Center, Bradenton, FL, 1990
- Five Folkh�jskoles, Denmark, Jan. through Mar. 1987
- Potters' League, West Palm Beach, FL
- William Boniface Art Center, Escanaba, MI
- Upper Peninsula Crafts Council, Sault Ste. Marie, MI
- Oakland Community College, Royal Oak, MI, 1979
- 2007 Cycling Salamander Gallery, Charlevoix Trash Can Firing
- 2006 Cycling Salamander Gallery, Charlevoix Trash Can Firing
- 2006 Michigan Mud Conference, Albion, Mich., Trash Can Firing
EXHIBITIONS AND AWARDS:
- 1993 to present
Full time professional potter, showing work at Northern Michigan Artists Market, Petoskey, MI;and the Crooked Tree Art Center, Petoskey, MI; Teaching workshops occasionally. Published a video and DVD on Throwing Forms with Slabs and Coils.
- 1991 to 1993
Recruited by the Canton, MS Tourism and Development Bureau Director to create a new Art and Craft School in the town square in Canton, MS to offer weekly classes in various arts and crafts. Assisted the Director as Program Director for the Allison's Wells School of Arts & Crafts, Inc.
- 1987 to 1991
Program Director, Elderhostel Coordinator and Advisor to the Director for the John C. Campbell Folk School, Brasstown, NC. Traveled to Denmark for three winters as an exchange pottery teacher in five folk schools.
- 1984 to 1987
Resident Potter, Advisor to the Director, Elderhostel Coordinator, Resident Photographer, Studio Coordinator at the John C. Campbell Folk School, Brasstown, NC.
- 1965 to 1984
Established studio and gallery with William Staffel near Charlevoix, MI. Designed and produced functional pottery as well as one-of-a-kind stoneware and porcelain including sculpture, weaving and photography. Created an apprenticeship program in my studio for aspiring potters.
Feature Article, Fine Arts Ceramics.
Received many awards, participated in numerous one-man and two-man shows in Michigan and Ohio since 1952 to present, work was accepted in area, regional and national museum competitions, including several purchase awards.
September 19, 2003. eddi Awards -- VISUAL ARTIST AWARD
The Visual Artist Award is given to an artist who has consistently made an impact using his or her artistic discipline for the benefit of the citizens of Charlevoix and Emmet Counties. "In addition to being an artist, Bonnie is also teacher to many wonderful potters in Michigan, the US and around the world. She continues to seek new challenges and set new goals for herself."